1. Information We Collect
A. Provided by you.
We may collect information you provide directly via the Website and Software. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Website, access various content or features, register for contests or sweepstakes, submit content, order products, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
• Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal code, and telephone number; • User name, display name, and password; • Demographic information, such as age information and gender; • Payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date; • Communications preferences; • Search queries; • Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and • Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Information Automatically Collected.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Website, including:
• Your browser type and operating system; • Your Internet Protocol (IP) address; • Geo-location information; • Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers; • Sites or mobile apps you used before and after using the Website; • Pages you view and links you click on within the Website; • Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; • Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and • Standard Server Log Information.
o Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Local Shared Objects
Cookies are small bits of information that are stored by your computer’s web browser. You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain online products, services or features on the Website.
Pixel tags are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
Local Shared Objects (sometimes referred to as “Flash Cookies”) are similar to standard cookies except that they can be larger and are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash media player. Please note that you may need to take additional steps beyond changing your browser settings to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Website may no longer be available to you.
o Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
o Location-identifying Technologies
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
o Device Fingerprinting
o In-App Tracking Methods
There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps. You can stop all collection of information via our mobile applications by uninstalling them. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
C. Information from Other Sources.
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Website for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you; • Customize and personalize your use of the Website; • Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you; • Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the Website or Software; • Maintain or administer the Website, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Website, and other products we offer; • Publish comments and other information posted on our Website; • Process employment applications and inquiries; • Create articles and other content; • Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or may be fraudulent or illegal; • Deliver advertising, including interest-based advertising, to show you relevant ads both on our Website and elsewhere, and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads; and • As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
We may share information that we collect through the Website with third parties as follows:
• Corporate Parents, Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
• Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents and service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Website, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, conduct surveys, place Korneff Audio-branded content on third-party websites, or send communications and newsletters for us.
• Select Business Partners. We may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements and other materials that may be of interest to you. However, Korneff Audio is not responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
• Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Services. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Korneff Audio, our corporate parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and the users of our Website; enforce our Terms of Service; prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
• In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
• Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Website, such as a forum, blog, or other community tool.
• Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
4. Social Networking Services
Korneff Audio has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Website. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Website with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Website. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Website and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Website and Software or about your use of our Website and Software, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
5. Links to Third Party Sites and Services
6. Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies.
You may choose whether to receive interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can also opt out of interest-based advertising within mobile apps based on advertising identifiers on your device (for example, through cross-app tracking). See the Advertising and Privacy options under your device’s Settings for more information. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Korneff Audio is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, Korneff Audio currently does not take action in response to these signals.
7. Communications Preferences
You may choose to receive promotional communications (including emails and text messages), newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving certain promotional communications from us at any time by (i) for promotional emails, by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive; and (ii) for text messages, following the instructions provided in text messages from us to text the word “STOP”). Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. Opt-out requests for e-mail may take up to 10 business days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature.
8. Children’s Privacy
The Website does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data Security
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Website using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
10. International Users
Please note that the Website and Software are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
13. Contact Us
Korneff Audio, Inc. 103 Otis Street UNIT B West Babylon, NY 11704 Tel: (631) 371-2699 Email: email@example.com