Pawn Shop Comp
A versatile and highly adjustable compressor that makes anything you run through it big, warm and beautiful.
Gritty. Punchy. Smooth. Warm. You decide.
- Quad Core i5 Processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Mac OS X 10.7 or Later
- Windows 7 & Above
- Intel Mac 64bit: VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows 64bit: VST3, AAX
Geek Out on These Specs!
|Gain:||56 db bridging 600 ohm line|
|Frequency Response:||±2.4 db, 30-15,000 cycles|
|Power Output:||+24 dbm (as straight amplifier)|
|Harmonic Distortion:||At 25 db of compression: Less than 9.4%, 35-15,000 cycles; (0 db threshold setting)|
|At 30 db of compression: Less than 6.5%, 25-10,000 cycles;|
|(0 db threshold setting)|
|Noise Level:||74 db below rated output (—111 dbm equivalent input noise)|
|Input Impedance:||15,000 ohms bridging transformer|
|Load Impedance:||600 ohms|
|Maximum Compression:||100 db|
|Attack Time:||Adjustable: .001 to .1 seconds|
|Release Time:||Adjustable: .01 to .3 seconds (67% recovery)|
|Threshold:||Adjustable: 0 db to -100 db|
|Compression Ratio:||Adjustable: 2:1 to 20:1, with increment of 1|
|Power Supply:||117 volts, 60 cycles, 20 watts|
|Dimensions:||600px width, 400px height|
The Front Side
Tube Signal Path
Intuitive and easy
Barely there to Hell Yeah!
Pump it up!
The Other Side
Gorgeous to Gross
Highs and Lows
If you've had trouble getting huge bass sounds before, you won't anymore.
Tailor the Curves
Get Levels Just Right
Makes ya wish you had a Pawn Shop Comp, doesn't it?
Videos and Tutorials
Presets for the Pawn Shop Comp
Coming Soon: Bass Presets
The Pawn Shop Comp is magic on the low end. We can't wait til you use it. Our beta testers report that it's "The best compressor for bass ever made." You'll see. Hear. Whatever.
Coming Soon: Mix Presets
The Pawn Shop Comp across the mix bus is Wunderbar! Try playing with the release to move the quiet stuff in the mix forwards. Then flip it around to the other side, turn the Weight knob clockwise and see what happens.
Coming Soon: Vocal Presets
Run a vox track through the Pawn Shop Comp and add flavor and character, or smooth it out like glass. The Pawn Shop Comp is good for vocals from Celine Dion to Slayer. The Pawn Shop Comp can turn Celine Dion INTO Slayer!
Coming Soon: Guitar Presets
What's better than crunchy huge guitars? Crunchy huge guitars run through a crunchy huge compressor! And then double the guitars, and put the Pawn Shop Comp across the entire mix.
Pawn Shop Comp FAQ
- Is this a plugin?
- What are the system requirements?
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with OS-X 10.6 or higher. 64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX).
- What’s it modeled after?
- Although some compression curves from Dan’s favorite FET limiters were used as inspiration, The Pawn Shop Comp is a completely new design, from the ground up.
- What should I use it on?
- The PSC isn't designed for one recording task. It sounds great on everything!
- What should I do if I encounter a problem?
- Please contact SUPPORT on this page so we can help you.
- Does Dan really use this on all of his recordings?
- He uses AND abuses them! Every mix.
- How many times can I install this?
- It’s a single user license that may be installed on up to 2 computers.
- What’s your return policy?
- Unfortunately, the Pawn Shop Comp is a non-tangible digital product, so it’s not possible to "return" it. We do not offer refunds or exchange after purchase.
- I get an "Unidentified developer warning" when installing on my MAC, is this safe? How do I install it?
- If you purchased the software from us, we assure you it’s safe. Ctrl-Click the installer. Select Open from the drop down menu.